Monday, November 17, 2008

You're Such a Character!

Back in the day, whilst in our cups, my friends and I would play the "which character would you want to be" game. Though sober, I was thinking about this today, and I've narrowed it down to three:

3: Ford Prefect, from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Ford (who hails from "a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse,") had the best job in the universe: he would hitchhike to a planet, write an entry for the Guide about it, and upload it to his editor via the "sub-ether net." A fee would automatically be paid to his account, which he would promptly drink and party away. This lack of funds would cause him to have to hitchhike to the next planet that needed reviewing. Sounds like a good life.

2: The Doctor, from Doctor Who. Come on. Who wouldn't want a TARDIS? Travel anywhere in space and time? Did I mention you get two hearts and thirteen lives just in case your adventuring gets a little reckless? Enough said.

But the winner is...

1: Atrus, from the Myst series. From playing the games, it seems that he can create worlds just by writing books decribing them. From reading the novels, you find out instead that an infinite number of worlds exist, and his books just link to any one of them based on his discriptions. Does it really matter? It's still one of the coolest powers ever.

OK, itr's your turn. Of course, you're pretty spiffy on your own. But given the chance to play a role, who would you like to be?

TTFN
-Tony

2 comments:

french toast girl said...

While Ford sounds like a great idea, I would have to give Anne Shirley my number one spot right now. You know what, let me think about this... what character gets to sit around and paint all day?

ps ~ You picked Ford over Zaphod? You could have two heads!

Nick said...

I'd say Lucifer Box, from his the Devil In Amber.

But rather like being me.

Excellent blog, by the way! How do I follow it? I'm rather new to all this blogging and what have you

--Nick