Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Merry New Year


A sign of the times - a bloodied, crucified Kermit the Frog in the East Village.

Well, 2008 is almost over. It's a quiet New Years Eve. Jen is sleeping on the couch, and I'm just passing time, waiting for midnight with my bottle of Blue Moon. It was a so-so year. I spent more of it unemployed than I spent employed. No major milestones, no major tragedies. Wall Street monguls somehow got a few billion dollars from the government as a prize for destroying our economy. My weight fluctuated like William Shatner's. Jen is still beautiful. The kids got older. Mandy lost and gained new teeth, Joe discovered girls, obla di, obla da... I finished the first draft of a novel I've been dicking around with for years. I reconnected with a lot of old friends on the internet, and I lost two friends in real life - Rose and Mrs. Jackobick. Here's hoping that everyone out there is doing well, and that 2009 is better. We'll have a new president by the end of the month, and I'm hanging on with hopeful skepticism.

TTFN
-Tony

2 comments:

String said...

Happy New Year! Onwards and upwards...humm...now do I mean by flying? Or is it just a metaphor for the stock market?

Aravis said...

Happy New Year!

It was a sort of up-and-down year all told. May this new year be more up than down.