StatCounter

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Potpourri

A few weeks ago, my father grumbled that William Shatner used to play a hero, but, "now he just acts like a jackass." Sorry dad - although a living god, Mr. Tambourine Man has been acting like a jackass for years - but it raises an interesting point: Where did all the admirable heroes - even those as one-dimensional as Captain James Tiberius Kirk - go?

On the Caroline Kennedy issue: thank you Hillary Clinton, for cementing the NY senate seat as a holding place for celebrities without experience who want to get a very high step up into politics.

Isn't there simply something fundamentaly wrong with an economy that constantly rides a roller coaster? Shouldn't something be done about governments (or government agencies - I'm talking to you, NYC MTA) that are constantly crying poverty, and constantly cutting services and jobs while demanding more from your pocket?

A few years ago, I asked Jen, "do you remember as a kid seeing a really weird Christmas special about aliens being the three wise men or something?" She didn't - but after some searching, I found that it did exist, and it was called "A Cosmic Christmas." It's nice to know some things aren't just in my imagination. Anyone else remember this?

TTFN
-Tony

4 comments:

String said...

You are so right on the political or rather economic/political front. The great division is beginning.

french toast girl said...

I totally remember this, and doesn't the one on the right look like Yoda?

love, me

VallyP said...

I agree about the heroes, the politics and everything Tony, but I don't know the programme you're talking about sadly. Sounds like fun. Nice to drop by again. Hope you've had a good holiday and the new year will be grand!

Aravis said...

No, I've never heard of it. Nice, though, when someone is able to validate a vague memory, reassuring you that you aren't crazy. At least not over this. *G*