StatCounter

Friday, January 02, 2009

Calling all Geeks, Nerds, and other Sci-fi fans.

For those who don't know, David Tennant is hanging up his key to the TARDIS and leaving Doctor Who at the end of this year. My friend Simon has informed me that the 11th Doctor will be announced tomorrow. As there haven't been any hints so far, here is my wish list:

8. Stephen Fry. Ok, he's a little on the large side, but maybe the Doctor could go old school and start using his mind to solve problems again. Also, he played a wonderfully disturbed Timelord in Death Comes to Time

7. Paul McGann: Not really, I know, but can we PLEASE go back in time and see how the 8th Doctor died? Please?

6. Ringo Starr. Don't mind me, I just think Ringo would be great in anything.

5. Eddie Izzard. Do I need to explain?

4. Rowan Atkinson. Not only did he unofficially play the 9th Doctor in the Curse of Fatal Death, he was actually considered to be the official 9th Doctor. Besides, they could always do a special where the Doctor meets Baldrick...

3. Michael Palin. Ok, if any of the Pythons were to play the Doctor, I would have wished it was Grahm Chapman, because then he could have said, "this is what we doctors call..." Unfortunately he had to up and die nineteen years ago, so Michael Palin would be my second choice. He seems to have a kind vulnerability around him. The only negative is that horrible toupee or hair implants or whatever he has these days - but many Doctors have worn hats in the past.

2. Richard E. Grant. Not only was he an unofficial 9th Doctor in Scream of the Shalka, he was also the self-described "mirror-licking-sexy" Doctor in The Curse of Fatal Death.

1. David Warner. Yes, he's old, but he's done a great job as the Doctor in the Big Finish Unbound adventures. And yes, it's quite all right for the Doctor to be old again.

All right, fellow nerds of the world, who do you think it should be?

TTFN
-Tony

6 comments:

Craig J. said...

I vote for the guy who once played the embodiment of Evil and Jack the Ripper in the space of two years.

Knitting Painter Woman said...

I'm voting for YOU, so you'll have fame AND fortune... and could probably help the script writers with some of those scientific "gaps". Best in 2009.

Tony LaRocca said...

Thanks, but I always had my heart set on playing The Master...

String said...

I hear Noel Fielding from the Mighty Boosh is also up for the role? But who knows who? Will watch tonight...!

Tony LaRocca said...

AAARGH They chose a fucking kid!

String said...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/garethmcleanblog/2009/jan/03/doctorwho-television