StatCounter

Thursday, January 08, 2009

The Tony Soundtrack

Here's a fun little game: What songs do you think define you? Not your favorite songs, (if you notice "Joe's Garage" isn't on here, though it is such a toe-tapping tune,) but songs that relate something about yourself?

Here's my short list:

You Are What You Is - Frank Zappa
Hey Tomorrow - Jim Croce
Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin (Yo, haters - I don't want to hear it!)
Brain Damage & Eclipse - Pink Floyd
I'll be Mellow when I'm Dead - Weird Al Yankovic
Where Have All the Average People Gone? - Roger Miller
Time - Pink Floyd
Those Were the Days - Mary Hopkin
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Monty Python

Ok, what's your personal soundtrack? What songs say, "Hey, this is me... sometimes."?

TTFN
-Tony

1/9 Addendum:

I thought of 3 more songs that belong on the list, in no particular order:
Mr. Tanner - Harry Chapin
Flowers are Red - Harry Chapin
Through the Years - Kenny Rogers (Our wedding song!)

5 comments:

Knitting Painter Woman said...

What a great list! Even though a little, um, schizo!! I'm thinking about my list.

Caroline said...

Great list Tony.

We've recently being putting together something similar for Teasel:

Down, Down by Status Quo
Run, Run, Run by Velvet Underground
Hound Dog by Elvis


but most of all:

Go Wild in the Country by Bow Wow Wow!

Welsh Kiwi Jo said...

Hmmm - tough list to compile! I'd have to include
Paranoid eyes - Pink Floyd
Goody Twoshoes - Adam and the Ants
Wish you were here - Pink Floyd
Mahler's 2nd Symphony conducted by Simon Rattle
Kickstart my heart - Motley Crue
Thorn in my side - Eurythmics
In the still of the night - Ella Fitzgerald

and a more recent addition
I'm not ready to make nice - the Dixie Chicks.

How's that for an eclectic list? All you psychobabblers out there will have a field day with it I'm sure!

french toast girl said...

Being Green - Kermit
Hold on to Your Dream - Stevie Wonder
Shower the People - James Taylor
Singing Lessons - Judy Collins

and, just because:

Mahna Mahna - Jim Henson.

Oh, and I would have to second the 'Flowers are Red."

love, me

steve said...

This is a great idea and list Tony. I'd have to think of this one a while. I almost forgot that Weird Al song. Saw him live in 1996 - off the hook!