Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dreaming

For those who are interested in such things, this week I've had two really bizarre dreams:

I was living in the house I grew up in. The elderly couple who were my next door neighbors in SC lived in the house next door. The old man was walking around our house in his underwear at 3am. His wife came over and collected him. She saw a box of bear claws (a type of pastry, for those who don't know) on top of the fridge and asked for one. I said sure, but the box was full of popcorn and de-frosting frozen chicken legs.

I was driving a truck for a contractor, but it's breaks went out. It hit the back of another truck, which sped off. I got out and took a bicycle out of the back. I tried riding it, but after a while, it became very difficult. I tried changing gears and I realized that the switch was missing. I got off to check the tires. Not only were they flat, they had holes in them. Why am I putting up with this, I asked myself. I came across a construction site and asked if they'd mind if I dumped the bike in a dumpster. One worker said he wanted the bike for parts and I gave it to him. I walked home.

Any ideas?

TTFN
-Tony

5 comments:

Caroline said...

In the first dream the man was walking bare foot, the woman wanted a bear foot...

In the second... you need to be more aware that you are dreaming! When I've had that sort of dream and known I was dreaming I've either realised I don't need to pedal and had the bike just take me where I need to go or I've dreamt someone coming to give me a lift... so you see you don't need to put up with it!

Tony LaRocca said...

Actually, I think the broken truck & bike belonging to an employer might represent my own body, as I herniated 3 discs on the job a few years back, and they still give me trouble now and then...

Knitting Painter Woman said...

Danger! Will Robinson!!

Caroline said...

That sounds very likely - what else does your own dream tell you?

String said...

My vehicle dreams are mostly about my own body...looks like you were attempting to use another vehicle for 'transport' - probably should pick the Tardis next time!