StatCounter

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Do Fish Have Soles & Other Thoughts

Mandy loves Madagascar and it is a great movie, but the penguins' solution at the end has always bugged me. Why is it morally wrong for Alex to eat other animals, but perfectly acceptable for him to eat fish? ("Savor it!")

When we watch classic Disney cartoons, I keep remembering how Elena and I used to think the Donald Duck song went, "Who's gonna feed the little chickens?..."

OK, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I just don't understand why it's so important for some people that gay people don't get married. What difference does it really make to your own life or your own marriage if two people who love each other have a legal union with each other?

I'm sure everyone and their brother has seen it, but I love Susan Boyle's performance on Britain's Got Talent. It's such a wonderful lesson in not judging a book by its cover.

Wouldn't it be great if the Kazakhstan national anthem from Borat became the United States National Anthem? You'd just have to replace "Kazakhstan" with "USA" ("USA greatest country in the world / All other countries are run by little girls...")

TTFN
-Tony

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently asked my friend's little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, 'If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?' She replied, 'I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people.'

Her parents beamed.

'Wow...what a worthy goal.' I told her, 'But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house.'

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, 'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?'

I said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party.'

Her parents still aren't speaking to me.

Tony LaRocca said...

:D

Aravis said...

Some great thoughts Tony. I especially agree with the gay marriage thing. Seriously. And I loved Susan Boyle. I hope her next performance holds up. Poor thing now has quite a lot to live up to!