StatCounter

Friday, October 02, 2009

Stimulating my Package

Hello friends and neighbors. I’m sorry I haven’t written in a while. I’m still unemployed, still surviving, still breathing in and out. Still listening to Doctor Who. I went to download a new one tonight and it’s taking hours because either Verizon is slow or Big Finish’s server is slow or who knows somebody somewhere is slow. Holy fuck, it’s October already. In eleven months I’ve worked three weeks. I guess that stimulus package isn’t working too well. Everything’s getting more expensive. My rent’s going up next month. Every night for the past three days our hot water mysteriously stops working. I feel like I’m just killing time but I don’t know what I’m waiting for. I feel like I’m just surviving day by day. How many games can I waste time with? At least I have my writing, and my friends and family have been amazingly supportive, more than I could have ever imagined. Soon the year will be over and I won’t have anything to balance out the humongous tax bill I’m going to owe the government, because I was stupidly counting on working… oh I don’t know… just a few months this year. Because the government has done such a goddamn fine job of running things that they deserve my money.

I feel like I’m just whining writing this. I don’t know. I think of Vonnegut and how he said that the point of writing was to show other people that they weren’t alone. Maybe I’d have to be writing anonymously to completely do that, but maybe this will help some other poor schmuck know they’re not alone.

Bye for now, keep your teeth clean.

TTFN
-Tony

2 comments:

String said...

You've got to be a bit angry? Some of the best writing I have done was created from an angry need to express...! There have got to be quite a few people in that same boat right about now.

Aravis said...

You're not whining. You've got a crap load on your plate. I'm glad that you have the love and support of family and friends. *hug*