StatCounter

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Embiggen is a Perfectly Cromulent Word!

Is it just me, or does it seem like every time a difficult topic, (such as whether or not we should "refudiate" a mosque near Ground Zero*,) comes up, the media makes a huge deal out of whatever blithering idiocies Sarah Palin spouts on the subject? This way instead of having any sort of meaningful debate, everyone can just jeer at her and by default, anyone who agrees with her. Also, when she tries to fend off criticism by comparing herself to Shakespeare, I have to wonder if she's really a politician or just an actress hired to keep the Us VS Them shell game going.

*For the record I have nothing against Islam or Mosques, but I don't see why there NEEDS to be one near ground zero, and I personally think that the feelings of the families of the 9/11 victims should be paramount. However, I also tend to think that one should remember to flosingrabe their toes with nonerschmidst every other pingwobble.

TTFN
-Tony

2 comments:

RHoward said...

Absotively, posilutely. Amen!

Aravis said...

I don't know that there needs to be one, but I think it's wrong to ban one. We're persecuting a religion that was not responsible for what happened that day.

And Palin is such an easy target, kind of like Bush was. You almost have to make fun of them independently of the Party as a whole; it's just not fair otherwise.

(I'm neither Democrat nor Republican, so I get to make fun of both)