StatCounter

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Classic Who Trivia Questions!

Although I can find trivia questions for the new Doctor Who series, I can’t seem to find any good ones for the classic one. Therefore, I’ve decided to make some of my own for you to impress your friends with. Enjoy!

1.) Whose real name is Dorothy Gale McShane?

2.) What was the Doctor’s nickname at the Timelord academy?

3.) Which companion was descended from hyper-evolved swamp monsters?

4.) What is the virtual-reality computer on Gallifrey that is controlled by the users’ minds?

5.) In “Destiny of the Daleks,” the Doctor reads a book by which fictional author from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy universe?

6.) Speaking of Douglas Adams, which novel of his was reworked from his DW episodes “Shada” and “City of Death?”

7.) Which Doctor only had one television appearance?

8.) What personal possession did the 2nd Doctor use to free himself and the 3rd Doctor from Omega’s domain?

9.) What “instrument” did the 7th Doctor play?

10.) Who are making the screams that can be heard echoing across the Death Zone of Gallifrey?

Feel free to add your own!

TTFN
-Tony

5 comments:

tony said...

Super, got at least 4, maybe as many as 6; are you going to provide the answers or do I have to Google them up?

Thanks, good fun. Tony too.

Tony LaRocca said...

Well let's see what you got first :)

JoshM said...

Ooo! Good questions. Let's see... it's been ages since I've seen any of these ...

1. I have no idea.
2. Sigma, I think?
3. I'd forgotten about that ... Adric, wasn't it?
4. the Matrix
5. Oolon Colouphid (I'm sure I spelled that wrong...)
6. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
7. Must be Paul McGann.
8. His recorder
9. Spoons

Tony LaRocca said...

@JoshM Finally- very good! They were correct, except for...

1) Ace
2) Theta Sigma (close!)

PS. If you're a classic Who fan, you might get a giggle out of a comic strip I made here: http://icanbendpaperclips.blogspot.com/2010/05/6.html

Tony LaRocca said...

...and I forgot 10 - the living statue-faces in Rassilon's tomb!