Thursday, January 06, 2011

Another Day...

So here I sit, at my little laptop. I haven't been for any walks yet today. I went out last night to my New York Cares orientation (I joined a volunteer service so I don't get stir crazy during the day) in the Bronx. Last Thursday I visited an old friend Craig J. Clark (Quack,) a very good bearded playwright who was visiting his mother in New Jersey. I've worked on my game, but I'm coding the inventory buttons and there are so many functions and ifs, thens, and elses for each one that it's making my head spin, and I'm correcting problems that aren't really problems and turning around and saying "shit, why did I do that?" and undoing it. I find myself singing Pink Floyd's line, "And I - can - feeeeeeeeeel... one of my turns coming on..." over and over in my head - is that a sign of something? I find myself reading more and more Manga (because it's so quick to go through) but our library's Manga section is shit - there's a much better library a few miles away but I'm not sure I feel like spending the bus fare. Normally I'd walk but it's just to bitter out.

It's supposed to snow again.

I satisfied my mei-fun with pork jones yesterday, can't do that every day...

Maybe I'll put on a shadow puppet show for myself! I wonder if I can do that without it getting too complicated... I have a tendency to be complicated. If I had written Goldilocks and the three bears, Goldilocks would have been and eco-terrorist and the bears would have been genetically altered with super-intelligence (to live in a furnish house and cook porridge etc) by her right-wing mad scientist parents who abused her as a child...

Well anyhoo, back to distracting myself from life. Everyone take care

TTFN
-Tony

2 comments:

Aravis said...

You mean that wasn't how the story went???

*feeling disillusioned*

Craig J. said...

I very much enjoyed your visit, good sir. In truth, though, I haven't written a play in several years. But my beard continues to be most impressive.