Monday, January 31, 2011

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!


Illustration Friday: Surrender. This is a frame from a comic- please click on the above for the full strip on I Can Bend Paperclips!

This week's Illustration Friday word is Surrender. As some of you know, I'm a fan of Sid Meier's Civilization franchise. However, after twenty years and five different versions, it's still pretty much the same, and I've wondered how the game would be if it reflected real life. And when I look at real life, it seems that somehow, without even realizing it, "We the People" have surrendered our civilization.

TTFN
-Tony

13 comments:

Rubin Pingk said...

Sounds like a fun expansion pack.

You have created blogging. . .

Laura McDowell said...

Love the Monsanto comment...being in their back yard is not a good thing :(

Great work...very prolific :)

Linda Hensley said...

Sadly true. Plant a garden!

Brine Blank said...

"Trust us...it is safe to eat...we're the government...and you don't need to know which is which because your fears may keep you from eating what we're trying to push."

Coreopsis said...

Oh dear. I'm afraid your right. But I refuse to be that person in the picture. I agree with Linda--plant a garden. Grow fruit trees. Monsanto is something that I can't even let myself think about, though I do write letters to congress about three times a year about these issues.

Kerry Schofield said...

I like this drawing. Reminds me of Edvard Munch. Really like the background on your blog, the eyes...

Mr. Waters mentioned Pink Flamingos in his monologue. He said he couldn't believe that "Divine" had passed away. It's a cult classic now. Many people in the audience had blowup pink flamingos. Thanks Tony!

Cally said...

The world's population is the problem; how to feed all these people without sucking the earth dry of resources or resorting to monstrous methods of growing it?

This is scary!

tubulidae said...

Sad bad true...

MiKa Art said...

Oh, this is scary - and the illo conveys the message very well.

nancy said...

hmm, interesting stuff. But scary - especially the actual illo. Very good, indeed.

The Digi Street - Stamp Shop by Andy Bauer said...

So thoughtful. What an inspiration. Thank you!

Juan said...

Great stuff!

isay (Marissa) said...

hi again tony :)