StatCounter

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blargh!

I'm a sort of OTC med coma at the moment I want to lay down but it doesn't matter I don't really sleep I just sort of lie there and I guess I probably do sleep but it's not like real sleep. A badly animated cartoon dog on yellow paper is going to tell me I have problems, that I disappointed it. I haven't done any editing in two days I can't concentrate enough. I did however work out a plot-issue that had been bothering me for some time, so maybe it's better that way. My muscles all feel sore. Wah.

So that was my day. I took a nice long nap, I got up, I checked my mail, I took another nap, I farted around a little on my Android, I took another nap, I talked to some friends, I saw some wonderful caring notes from friends, I wrote some other friends, and they told two friends... and they told two friends... (Ask your mom.)

In other news, the Obama Administration wants to make streaming copyrighted video a federal felony, and invoke wiretapping privileges to catch perpetrators. Where are all the watchdogs crying Nazi like when Bush did the same thing to catch terrorists? I disagree with a lot in the Patriot Act, but I think catching terrorists looks a little better on paper as an excuse than protecting Hollywood's interests. (Obligatory Disclaimer: I believe that people should have legal recourse to sue for just compensation when their work is stolen, but isn't this pushing the envelope juuuussst a little bit? Why is it evil for one party to sell out our laws and tax dollars to corporate interests, but ok for another?)

OK friends and neighbors. Going to have one more cup of tea, some Thermaflu, and try to get some more sleep, if you can call it that.

TTFN
-Tony

2 comments:

Aravis said...

I don't know about anyone else, but this is the first I've heard about the copyrighted video issue. I like Obama, but agree with you... it's wrong.

I feel so badly for you. I hope this passes soon!

Tony LaRocca said...

To his credit, he does seem to want to push net privacy issues.