Monday, April 11, 2011

From the Jokes of Babes

I took a trip down to Washington DC this weekend. I had a great time with Carol and Jodi. We went out to lunch with Julianne. I saw some cherry trees in mid-blossom, and some Japanese people dancing on a stage that was sponsored by McDonald's. That and lots of Hello Kitty rip-off toys.

I also had dinner with two old friends Rick and Mandy, their kids and their two dogs. Anyway, the point of this whole setup is that at dinner, we traded jokes around the table. Their son, who is my daughter's age, told a lot of jokes that he made up himself. If you have kids in early elementary school, you know what I'm talking about. Jokes along the lines of, "Why did the cow cross the road? To talk to the pig!" They're not even "bad" (I love horrible jokes with a passion. What do you get if you cross an apple with a magic marker? An apple with an X on it,) but they're told with an abundance of confidence and enthusiasm. After delivery, the kids then crack up at their own jokes. It doesn't even matter if you laugh or not, they KNOW it's great material, and they got a million of 'em. Does anyone know where I can get me some of that?

TTFN
-Tony

No comments: