StatCounter

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Procratsination, is making me late...

Sometimes I’m a horrible procrastinator. And there are so many ways out there to procrastinate! There’s my X-Box 360 (A good game like Fallout: New Vegas can keep me as entranced as a good book,) TV, books, movies, and now, a plethora of crap on the internet. I can waste so much time it’s not even funny.

The question is, why do we want to procrastinate? What is it in some of our programming that is geared toward wasting time? Does God (or some gestalt entity that we’re a part of, or the Master Control Program if life is all really just a computer simulation,) say “Ok, I don’t need you fornicating with my master plan right now... watch some videos of cats playing with string, kill a few zombies, or argue about things with some troll for a while...” So why aren’t our brains geared for achievement? Why do we fight it? I’ve always been fascinated about how sometimes we can be our own worst enemies. (Well I sure as hell can, at any rate.) I think this, if anything, could be used as an argument against evolution. Are you listening, Sarah Palin?

If anyone has any ideas, feel free to comment. Go on - if you’re going to procrastinate anyway, the least you can do is feed my ego.

TTFN
-Tony

2 comments:

Aravis said...

I admit that I am a total procrastinator. I was born 11 days late, and not much has changed since then.

My brain is sometimes geared towards achievement. I'm either going full tilt or full stop. I don't seem to have any other speeds.

Cally said...

While procrastinating on the internet the other week, I came across Parkinson's Law which says: “Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.” Could it be our subconcious has worked this out already and has allocated us some downtime before we continue?

My other guess would be that the world would be a boring place if everyone was always driven to succeed. Without the random train of thought you sometimes have when time wasting, would anything ever get invented?