Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick...

There's no time like two in the morning for realizing that time inexorably marches forward. You'd better try to get back to sleep now, or you'll regret it in the morning. When I was a kid and couldn't sleep, my father would tell me to just lay in bed and rest. A fat lot of good that does when thoughts are bouncing around your brain like flaming ping-pong balls through cotton candy. At least I have friends who are up all night to bs with online. Ugh, to top it off, my chest cold has worked it's way up to my sinuses. I'll be right back, going to take some over the counter meds.


The problem is I think too much. When you wake up at 2am you shouldn't think about things, or you'll never get back to sleep.


Now in waiting for the bus and I feel like crap, in a sort of OTC limbo. It's going to be hot and humid the next few days. (Groaning like Tina from Bob's Burgers: "Nuuuuughghghgghhhhhh...")


Conundrum of the day: What do you do if your psychiatrist expects you to suffer from confirmation bias?


ttfn
-Tony

1 comment:

Ian T. said...

Answer: Don't pay the bill!