Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"No, no - with the magic lamp!"

So here I am on the subway again. The past few days I've been watching Zappa's 200 Motels on my Android during my commute. It's so funny hearing Ringo swear. I think I caught a chest cold from my five hour bus ride back from DC. The air conditioning was cranked up to Antarctic. I was up coughing all last night.


Did I mention I went to DC last weekend? I did, and I have the facebook pictures to prove it! "Here's me and my little sister (look, I'm a sports fan, like any normal red blooded American male!) Here's me, my sister, and my cute, little, sainted Sicilian mother at the Yankees / Nationals game ( look, I have a life!) Here's me with an old friend at dinner (look, good people are happy to see me!)" I'm being silly, of course, because I obviously do enjoy social media. But if I sound obnoxious about it, then I seem hip, edgy, and too cool for the room. (To quote the radio / novel version of Zaphod Beeblebrox, "I'm so cool you could keep a side of beef in me for a month!" It's a shame they made the movie version such a spaz, but I digress.)

Impressions seem to matter so much. What will the _____ think? Yesterday a security guard at Rock Center stopped me coming out of a store that was two levels and told me construction workers weren't supposed to use the lobby, we were supposed to use the freight cars (I still had my security sticker on my t-shirt.) I said OK, but it's after work hours, and now I'm using the concourse shops like any other schmo coming off of the subway, and as I am now a customer, I should be treated with the same respect he'd give any other. He didn't seem to understand the concept at first, but I got through eventually. I can be obnoxious when needed. 

Well, here we are, let the drudgery begin. Take care.


ttfn -
Tony

PS Happy birthday to my little Mandy-Pandy - thank you for all the joy you've given my life. I love you so much.

No comments: