StatCounter

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Abby, someone...

Made myself bacon and eggs. The bacon is thicker than I like, and I’m not as sure when it’s cooked all the way as opposed to burnt. Ah, coffee, you make me feel human again.

Antidepressant commercials annoy me with their constant assertion that you need their product to be “normal.” What is normal anyway? Many of my friends have at times suffered through some sort of depression, anxiety, or worse – myself included. It's the ones who are at peace that seem abnormal.


Where did all my blogger friends go?  And how can I find new ones?  I keep hitting "next blog" and all I see are baby blogs, (no offense but it's  hard for a heterosexual male to randomly comment on a baby blog. It's just not done,) or blogs that haven't been touched in years. I've gone through dry spells as well, but I miss the blogsphere.  Twitter is fun but just not the same. Everything has to be narrowed down to one precise sentence.  A good exercise, to be honest, but not as fulfilling, and there's pressure to be funny or meaningful.

Tomorrow begins Story #8. When will it be done? As soon as it's good enough. 


TTFN
-Tony

5 comments:

Doodlestreet said...

yeah, i miss the blog world too...used to be a lot of fun and now it seems, everyone just goes to their facebook. not much good writing on facebook though. :) p.s. i hear ya on the bacon!

joojoo said...

lol yea I hate those commercials as well .. they just don't make any sense =) they keep telling people that they are depressed that people will eventually feel depressed and link their sadness to depression =)

i know blogger is kind of quiet ... i hope u find lots of good friends here though :)

hope all is well!

Ted Blackman said...

Well Tony, you started blogging in Jan 2005, of course things have changed since then. I started much later but even I have seen people leave. Always seems to be someone new to replace them, though. I enjoy the blog community, and detest the superficiality of facebook. It's just not me. I quit FB and deleted all the 'friends' a few years ago because it was so fake, but then restarted again later with it just being about the cartooning. Now I rarely visit it but have noticed that the activity there is on the decline. Some like Tumbler but that's really impersonal. Blogger for artists is pretty genuine. That's all I know.

And now a beef: Why do you have captcha turned on when you also do comment moderation? A lot of us turned the word verify off because it's annoying. Isnt moderation enough? okay. talk later.

Tony LaRocca said...

Ted - I use both because over the years I've gotten quite a lot of spam bots, and was tired of wading through the fecal matter they put in my comment bin. But I agree, google's captcha has become ridiculously convoluted. Tell you what, I'll give turning catchpa off a try.

Abby said...

facebook broke up a few of my blog friendships, but if you persevere, you still find a few good rebels who still diligently blog! Normal? Not sure what that is...