StatCounter

Sunday, September 09, 2012

If it's not one thing, it's another.

A tire tread on 78 did something very unchristian to my engine's plastic undercarriage yesterday. By the time I got back to Queens it was scraping the pavement. I got as far underneath as I could this morning, snapped what parts I could back into place with a hammer and a flathead, cut off parts that were unrepairable with shears, used the screws and clips from those parts to replace screws that had been torn out (a star-head screwdriver is a beautiful thing,) and what was cracked but intact, I duct-taped. I might have been able to do a better job if I could get further underneath, but I don't trust mister wheel-jack not to slip and crush my dainty self. But at least it's not scraping the road anymore.

I just hope the inspection people don't mind...

TTFN
-Tony

3 comments:

Cindy D. said...

My goodness what a frightening and cool image. Really cool technique and great style. (But I can't look at it too long, eeek!) Also, hooray for duct tape!

Tony LaRocca said...

Thank you very much! I wouldn't be surprised is quantum physicists discovered that the atomic bonds are held together with duct tape.

Doodlestreet said...

Holy smokes, brother, this is insanely awesome good!!!! I love it! What power and intensity it has...totally cool. :)