StatCounter

Monday, October 22, 2012

But now who's gonna dance with me?

Today is my sainted, cute, little, Sicilian mommy's birthday, so I took the train to New Jersey. I went out with my sister and my parents for lunch, some family friends came over, then we went out for Chinese food for dinner. Extra spicy Singapore mei fun, delish! The restaurant played a bunch of whiny 80s love songs, I felt like I was at a middle school dance.

I watched the debates with Dad. That is a measurement of love- if you're willing to watch the debates with someone just to spend time with them. I'll never understand why candidates are allowed to talk over each other. It's like watching an argument in a bar. Everyone has a warm anecdote about an imaginary friend, and how they said this, that, or whatever to inject some human element. No one wants to hear my anecdotes about my imaginary friends, how they came up to me after losing a nose in Tibet and said "Please, Mister LaRocca, pass a law outlawing meditation near hungry yaks!" it's not fair.

Have a good night, whatever your political polarity.

TTFN
Tony

3 comments:

Allegrei said...

nice one...

Tony LaRocca said...

Thank you! :)

Tony LaRocca said...

Thank you! :)