StatCounter

Friday, October 12, 2012

Into the Woods


I'm going to depict one of two stories for my collection's cover art. Since one of those takes place in a forest, I went for a walk in the woods today to take some reference photos. It was such a dark and dreary day, but once or twice the sun peeked out and I was able to get the effect I was looking for. When I was young I would walk in the woods all the time. It became a special place for me. I find myself more and more fascinated by trees. I passed one today with such bizarre, lumpy bark, as if someone took the tree trunk, dipped it in wax, and let it dry in clumps.


Joe aced his Spanish test so I took him and Amanda to King Yum for some delicious Chinese food, great service, and of course, karaoke. I used to frequent it years ago, when Joe was a baby. The owner and the DJ who remember him get such a kick out of the fact that he towers over everyone now. Everyone sang "Hotel California" with him, and Mandy wowed them with "Funky Town." None of the usual crowd I remembered from so many years ago is there anymore. It's a new crowd, and they all knew each other and were happy.

Sweet dreams.

TTFN
-Tony

No comments: