Friday, October 05, 2012

Let me hear your body talk...

I had a physical today. Somehow I have "amazing" blood pressure, even though my BMI is somewhere on the chart under "Repulsive." I didn't bother explaining that BMI completely disregards muscle mass, that it was created by a Belgian statistician 170 years ago and was never meant to set any sort of standard. What's the point? My mother asked if they checked my prostate (it's a concern as my father is a two-time cancer survivor.) I restrained myself from telling her yes, but the doctor didn't even bother to give me flowers...

I drew a picture for Illustration Friday but it wound up being too depressing. That and it really wasn't any good. Sometimes I think I should do this anonymously. But I don't just want to vent my spleen out into the internet either.

My children want to be near me, and I want to be near them. It's not always sunshine. There are times I don't want to be superdad and take them here and there - but what else would I do, except hide with a blanket over my head? It's important for me too to have stuff to do and look forward to. It's like a race to keep myself from feeling isolated. My friends were always good to me, even when they couldn't be there. I just need to say thank you.

Wishing you happiness, always.

TTFN
-Tony

3 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

I enjoyed reading this. I am with you. Sometimes I wish I did all of this anonymously. Do you think we can start blogging anonymously again after people know us? Glad you have a clean bill of health. Do you know I am a nurse? yep, I was an ER and trauma nurse for many years, now an analyst writing rules in anticipation of Obamacare.

Abby said...

Now I've got that Olivia Newton John song in my head - ack, the 80's...

Maybe take another stab at Illo Friday? Something happy?

chelle hanna said...

Kids just want to know that they are loved by their parents. Just showing up and smiling makes you a super hero. I guess the IF fans will have to wait out your funk. Just remember that ugly is good too. It is the act of creating that usually pulls me out of the shadows.