Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Listen while I tell you, a story real and true...

Today, I listened to Doctor Who: "The Butcher of Brisbane." I have to admit I was a little disappointed. Not that the story itself was bad, but because it's a prequel to the classic episode "The Talons of Weng-Chiang." I always loved in that episode when the Doctor mentioned that he was with the Filipino army in their 50th century advance on Reykjavik, and wondered what a battle set so far in the future would be like. I imagined it had happened when he was the First Doctor. When I first saw "Talons" (probably at the age of thirteen) I had also read a short story about a battle between humans and an angelic race that was out-evolving them, and superimposed the untold stories together. So yes, "Butcher" was a great story, it just couldn't stand up to my imagination.

Speaking of audio dramas, I landed a part in the upcoming Christmas episode of Harry Strange Radio Drama. I wish so much I could perform it with the rest of the cast, but it's a bit of a schlep to Georgia. I'll have to record my bits separately, but of course I'm happy and looking forward to it. 

TTFN
-Tony


No comments: