StatCounter

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Behind the other two doors are narcs...

I went for a walk tonight. The sky is absolutely clear. I can see the constellations and the moon, which may be waxing or waning, I'm just too lazy to look it up. It's like nothing out of the ordinary has ever happened. My parents and my sister in NJ are still without power. I call them briefly every day, I don't want to make mom's cell run out. I would go down there and help them if there was anything I could do for them. They can still go to the store and have friends nearby, so it's not like I could make a difference. Maybe I could put on a sock-puppet show for my dad. First I would re-enact an episode of Deal or No Deal since he loves it so much - maybe I would just put on Cheech & Chong's classic skit "Let's Make a Dope Deal." Then I would pretend to be Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and Finally Rush Limbaugh.

I took Mandy trick-or-treating in our building tonight. I'm glad we were able to do it, since she's been looking forward to it all month. My do-it-yourself Marcelline bass-axe held up, but the foam-board bends at certain places. If I take her to Comic-Con next year, I'll have to make one out of heavier stuff. If I really was dedicated, I'd get some wood, make a real bass-axe, stain it cherry, and teach her how to play.

My heart goes out to all those who are suffering through the aftermath of this storm, and for all the storms they walk through.


TTFN
-Tony

2 comments:

Marie K. said...

I saw the news on my TV set. I have a thought for all those who suffered and are still in pain. No word can really help, just bring some heart support. Enjoy your day. Marie K. from France

Tony LaRocca said...

Well, maybe they could use fresh underwear, they have no electricity for the washer. :)