Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbón...

I've been taking longer and longer walks these days. It was chilly when I left, but then the sun came down and beat down on my black coat.  After a mile and a half, I got a bowl of wonton soup, then walked back. I passed an old man sitting on a park bench, listening to sports radio. It reminded me of my grandfather, and how he would lay back in a lawn chair in the driveway and listen to baseball games. It made me smile.

I went out for semi-annual drinks with my friend Mike in the East Village last night. We found a deli afterwards with good matzoh ball soup. One of these years I have to take him up on his invitation to dinner. 

I've let the new story idea ferment for a while, I have to figure out how to approach it. Like all my ideas, it's way too complicated, and needs to be trimmed down to something I can work with. Maybe I'll actually outline and chart this one, who knows?

The sun shines. The wind blows mountains of water across the sky. There is no suffering we can't overcome if we refuse to empower it. 

TTFN
-Tony

No comments: