StatCounter

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Repose

Lying in bed on my back in the dark, my head cradled by a brilliant invention called "memory foam." The ceiling is cracked. The paint is peeling. I don't have to see it to know. My sun, warm, kind and good, is shining on a side of the planet I can't feel. Trees fall in the forest. Their brittle wood cracks, creaking, and popping, then crashing down amidst dried leaves and beetles. They pound the earth like the feet of giants - all without needing me to hear. Quantum physics is wrong; the universe spins quite happily on its own. It doesn't need me to observe.

TTFN
Tony

4 comments:

Abby said...

No words to add, but blogs don't have the cheap "like" button so...

Tony LaRocca said...

Thank you very much :)

S. D. Browne said...

Beautiful! A little unfair toward Quantum Mechanics, but beautiful none the less!!

Doodlestreet said...

...the falling of fall...very clever :)