Friday, October 19, 2012

Sitting on the bench

It's a beautiful night. I was walking, then decided to stop at a park bench. I don't know if I have anything to say tonight, or maybe there's just too much to say.

Did you know that an orbit is when an object falls forever towards a larger object? Or rather, it falls so fast towards an object with greater mass that it whizzes by it, only to be pulled back by it again? And even that's not entirely true. Both object are balanced at their barycenter.  So the barycenter of the Earth and the moon orbit the barycenter of the Earth and the Sun. So what if all these barycenters are the focal points that hold the universe together?


So many intricate parts of a great and wonderful machine.

TTFN
-Tony 

3 comments:

Doodlestreet said...

hahaha...oh man, i love that "sprak"!!

Doodlestreet said...

P.S. I left you a reply on your comment on my blog :)

B2 said...

"I don't know if I have anything to say tonight, or maybe there's just too much to say"

Ditto.

I enjoy your writing AND your illustrations, thanks for posting!