StatCounter

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Hunumumununununnnnnnmmmmm

I'm lying in bed, the reassuring hum of the a/c fan buzzing at my feet. I've always had a thing about brown noise when I sleep. When I was in the army, I used to lie in bed and pretend I was on a spaceship, and the hum of the fan was the engines. Housing is turning off the fans for the winter on Monday, so I'll have to use my laptop's noise machine.

I've given up on pretending I'm on a spaceship.

I spent an hour on the phone trying to get JCPL to go to my parents and connect power back to their house. Family friends who are electricians rushed over and replaced their broken meter pan. (Unfortunately I don't have a New Jersey license.) However, the township has to inspect it before JCPL will hook up the power, so my parents have to stay in the dark at least until Monday. I'm thankful they have good friends and neighbors to care for them.

It's late and I have to get up early. Wish me luck with the MTA tomorrow.

TTFN
Tony

No comments: