Saturday, November 03, 2012

Those icy fingers up and down my spine

7:00 am - I didn't get much sleep last night, I kept waking every hour. I woke at 5:40 when my alarm went off. It never ceases to amaze me how my mind works. If I wake in the middle of the night to use the bathroom (not the reason I kept waking, just for the record) I get up and do it. But when my alarm goes off and Louis Prima sings "That Old Black Magic," I have to struggle with everything in my soul not to hit the snooze button and slip back into numbing blackness for just a few more minutes.

12:45 pm - On the M back to Flushing. The Manhattan bound F was packed to the gills this morning. I shudder to think what the week is going to be like. I spent the morning with City Harvest, giving out produce to hurricane victims and the otherwise needy in Astoria. It was a nice day for it, being outside. It's simultaneously hard and inspiring to see people keep going when they've lost so much.


9:06 pm - Watching Adventure Time with Mandy. I'm volunteering some more tomorrow, but I don't have to get up as early. Here's hoping everyone's going to church and doesn't need to get to Manhattan at the same time as me. Goodnight. 

TTFN
-Tony  

No comments: