StatCounter

Monday, December 31, 2012

Merry New Year!

Ugh, I had one of those four hours of sleep nights, the kind where you wake at 3:30am and just know you won't fall back asleep. It's for these moments that coffee was invented.

I spent a fun but chilly day in Princeton yesterday with my friends Craig and Kevin. We did our usual tour of The Princeton Music Exchange and that bookstore I can't remember the name of (I bought a collection of Neil Gaiman short stories, along with a Philip K. Dick book I'm pretty sure I haven't read already, Martian Time Slip. Or maybe I have...

After many false starts, I'm finally well into story number nine. I used the same characters and theme from another short story attempt that just wasn't working and changed the setting and conflict. The pieces fit this time. It always amazes me when that magic happens, when most of the tumblers just fall into place.

I finally got to see Prometheus the other night. I watched it with Joe. Fortunately he fell asleep before all the gory bits. For those who don't know, it's the prequel to the Alien franchise. For some bizarre reason, Ridley Scott insists that it's NOT a prequel, it's just... a movie set in the same universe that sets up and explains what happens in the other films. Hmmm... I liked it, I thought it had just enough fanwank too make you go "oooh," as opposed to George Lucas's level of overkill. (I still haven't forgiven him for having Darth Vader create C3P0, but I digress.)

Anyway, happy New Years Eve everyone.

TTFN
Tony

No comments: