StatCounter

Monday, January 07, 2013

Fear Facing

I've been trying to get in at least a half hour of cycling and writing every day on my new exercise bike / desk. The "desk" is in fact a cheap piece of styrofoam that fits around the handlebars of a standard exercise bike, but it works. I could actually go for an hour or more, if the damn thing didn't hurt my ass bone so much.

I'm writing the story in Google Mail, that way I can pick up wherever I left off, whether I am on my phone or on my computer. Now that I'm halfway through it, my brain wants to change it again. Sigh.

I mentioned my daughter wanting to watch "The Nightmare Before Christmas." We watched it yesterday morning. She kept telling Mister Oogie-Boogie that he didn't frighten her anymore. She has this wonderful mindset in which she's determined to face her fears. I love that. Just before she was born, I developed an irrational phobia of driving that gave me anxiety attacks. Then the union sent me upstate for eighteen months, and I had no choice but to drive every day. So the first few days I made myself a heavy metal mix CD and sang along at the top of my lungs while I drove. It took a few days with a sore throat ("Not a prisoner, I'm a free man, and my life is my own now...") but eventually, my anxiety level went back to normal. Well, normal for me, anyway.

We went to my cousin Dean's house yesterday. I got to see my cousin Dan and his family, I haven't seen them in years. It's always fun spending the day with good people.

TTFN
Tony

No comments: