Saturday, January 12, 2013

Half-chipmunked

I went to the dentist today - I have a lovely abscess swelling up the side of my jaw. I was hoping he would drain it so I could go to my friend's party tonight, but nooo... I have to take antibiotics for a few days first so I don't get some sort of blood infection. Wuss.

I made myself an interesting concoction for lunch - it's sort of a homemade hamburger helper, with turkey burger, corned beef hash, almond milk, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, chicken bouillon, olive oil, and grated Parmesan cheese.

Joe and I tried to watch A Sound of Thunder last night, a film VERY loosely based on the classic Ray Bradbury short story. The consensus seems to be 1.5 stars. It would be great as an MST3K episode. Ben Kingsley is made up with a huge white wig to look like Bob Barker. The actors are badly blue/green screened in front of CGI that looks like it came from an X-Box game. The exposition dialogue is horrible "Me, I'm a hard businessman who only cares about money. You, you're a brilliant scientist with a conscience. But you need my money to make your dreams come true, so you'll follow orders and like it!" (No, this is not verbatim, but it's damned close.) But worst of all is the fact that the titular "sound of thunder" doesn't even come into the story at all. The Simpsons "Treehouse of Horror V: Time and Punishment" segment is a much better adaptation.

Well, that's all that's exciting for today. Me and my face are taking it easy tonight. Take care of yourselves.

TTFN
-Tony

No comments: