StatCounter

Friday, August 23, 2013

Warm and Uplifting Blog Post

Here I am at the playground again. Look at me, aren't I the most wonderful father in the world? I'm telling everybody on the internet that I'm taking my daughter to the playground. The truth is, there's nothing I'd rather be doing. That's not to say that being a playground dad is the most wonderful thing ever, just that I have nothing else going on. I have to go to work tomorrow. Its not like I have a wild social life anyway. Anyone want to see the new Simon Pegg movie? I have no one to go with. I'm too tired to edit right now. I'm in the middle of playing Borderlands 2, but its not really giving me any joy at the moment. Joe's bed needs a new mattress and box spring. I need a new car. I need a new me. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids to death, but I don't want to pretend that me loving them somehow makes me special. I hate complaining about my life, because the solution is always there. I'm just too lazy.

What the fuck happened to this country? When I was young, we were told that Russia was the place for you always have to watch what you said or did, because someone was always looking over your shoulder, someone was always listening in on what you said, and judging you. Russia was the place where police were above the law. Russia was the country that tortured people. But then I think about Vietnam, I think about Joe McCarthy, and I realize that none of this shit is new. We were all just fed a bunch of lies that we were special, we were different, and we believed it. Look, I don't blame the world on Obama, but for fuck's sake. Nothing makes me want to bash my head against the wall these days more than the phrase "hope and change." Sorry, it was just another lie. "If you're not doing anything wrong you don't have anything to worry about?" Really? Yes, the Republican Party is evil. Yes, the Democratic Party is evil too. I have no idea what the solution is, I'm not going to pretend that I do. Well that's not entirely true. We could repeal the Patriot Act for a start. Do you realize that any smartphone mic, at any time, can be used as a wire by the NSA to spy on what is happening around you? Yes, that shit is legal. Look it up. 

There's this wonderful good cop bad cop game going on. Your side? Those are the good cops. The other side? Those are the bad cops. Hey, we're all sorry that your food supply is being poisoned, but you know, it's the other guys' fault. Sorry everything you drink is full of chemicals and hormones. Sorry your kids are more susceptible to cancer than ever before. Oh, but here's a pink ribbon. Just don't forget, that pink ribbon is trademarked - don't you dare use it for your own use. And if your kids do get cancer someday, hey - here's hoping you have good insurance! And, if in the future universal healthcare passes, then we can pay for that cancer out of the Treasury. Or rather, we can just add it to the national debt. As long as all that money flows somewhere, right?

No comments: