Friday, January 31, 2014

Satan is a Hoarder

I'm aiming to have chapter seven scoured to perfection by the end of this weekend. That's the only bad thing about working full time, editing takes forever. I want the end result to be my best work--I'm determined to not just phone it in.

Forgetting one layer of socks, along with taking an enormous crap, has made me miss my usual bus. You think I would have learned by now that eating a small dinner might prevent this. But it's OK, I usually take a very early bus to ensure that I have a safety net. The next bus will supposedly be here a minute ago.

I finished watching "The Armageddon Factor" with the kids last night, along with a plethora of Sesame Street and Electric Company shorts. "Caterpillars Never Wear Brown Boots" was the clear favorite.

I've been listening to old Frantics Times episodes. This morning I heard a sketch about a guy selling his soul to the devil for a quarter, because he didn't want to miss Nancy and Sluggo in the paper. It makes me wonder, why is this legend so embodied in our minds? What would Satan do with my soul? Wouldn't it get boring after a while? Do they get dusty? Are souls what keep the Lake of Fire burning? What will he do when the human race dies off, or does he collect alien and animal souls as well? I guess I should ask Ernie Bushmiller, he must have sold his soul to make a comic as utterly unfunny as Nancy so popular.

TTFN
Tony

No comments: