StatCounter

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Polaroid Tattoo

Blonde, beige sundress, nose stud,
Underground R-train rail,
Polaroid camera on your upper arm,
Tattooed in high detail.
Do you want to record life-changing moments,
Instant gratification for memories?
Or are you just an art-school hipster,
Protesting Photoshopped Instagtam selfies?
Do you admire the engineering and chemistry,
Photons, silver halide, and water?
Is it an over-stretched metaphor for giving birth?
Are you Edward Land's great-granddaughter?
Are you documenting passing seconds,
Before they die like fading embers?
Or do you deliberately keep your past blurred,
Until you choose how you want to remember?
All these questions and more,
Stay undeveloped in my head.
I didn't want you to think I was hitting on you,
So I let you go instead.

-Tony LaRocca, 2014
   

4 comments:

valerie walsh said...

Really great Tony :}

Tony LaRocca said...

Thank you so much, Val! :D

LDahl said...

I forgot about the Land camera... sometimes I feel my past retreating into the land back down that-a-way.
I like your poem a lot, good stuff Tony.

Tony LaRocca said...

Thank you! :-)