Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Another day in the month of May

It's May, but it feels like April. That's okay, I like it cool. I feel like I'm different people these days. There is one of me who laughs at everything, one who is angry at everything, one who wants my life to be better, one who wants to sleep. I feel fractured. I'm sure it will pass. And then come back.

The most honorable Papasan turned eighty-five last week,. He's three years older than Señor Grandpagoni was when he passed away. I'm going to be forty-five this year.

My life seems to go in stages. Sometimes it feels like it's in a holding pattern. Sometimes it feels like it's out of control. I find myself not caring about things I used to, and interested by new things.

I'm still a gentleman of leisure, despite temporary jobs. That should last for another month or so, I'm guessing. I try to go out with friends when I can. We drink and talk about our lives, how everyone is becoming more and more divided.

I'm taking my sainted mother to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 tomorrow, down in Bridgewater. AMC has taken the whole fun concept of a cinema drafthouse and turned it into something expensive. I used to love going to the one in Arlington when I was stationed there, a lifetime ago. I got to see Heavy Metal and Yellow Submarine there. I can always pop them into the DVD player, but it's not the same as meeting a bunch of new people at midnight because we're all weird and like the same old animated films.

I hear Howard the Duck makes another Cameo.

I try to ignore politics these days, even though I can't help but find them entertaining. Comey is the good guy, Comey is the bad guy, Comey is the good guy again. So it goes. I just got sick and angry at everyone turning against each other because they didn't worship the same gods or goddesses, but I don't think I helped at all, just made things worse. Oh well. I can't seem to escape religion.

They made a TV series out of Neil Gaiman's American Gods, which is cool, but they're stretching it out to three-plus years, which I'm not happy about. One season would have been more than enough. I like it, but the pacing is way too slow. Thumbs up to Gillian Anderson as Lucille Ball (the Goddess of Media), Orlando Jones as Anansi, and the incomparable Cloris Leachman as whatever ancient Slavic goddess she's supposed to be. The woman is over 90, that's awesome that she's still working.

"Blücher!"

Anyway, my daughter's class is singing "Walking on Sunshine" at their Middle School graduation, and I promised I'd play the video for her, over and over.

I hope you had a special day.

TTFN
-Tony

t-5568...

No comments: