StatCounter

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Pre-Birthday Tease

I'll be forty-five in a few weeks. I feel like the father in Something Wicked This Way Comes, and Mr. Dark (played by Jonathan Pryce) is tearing the book of my youth away, page by page.

Okay, that sounds a bit dramatic.

I was thinking about what I wanted for my birthday. See, that's part of what's not fun about being an adult. If I want something, I can just get it. But birthdays are excuses for big things. I've actually burned out my birthday present on Weird Al & Emo Philips tickets for Joe and myself in spring. (Jesus H. Tap Dancing Christ, tickets to his upcoming show at the Apollo cost 4x as much as they did for the one in Town Hall in Morristown last year. I know that it's the Apollo, but sheesh!) But I can also have a little special something...

At first I was thinking of the new South Park game, The Fractured But Whole. I loved The Stick of Truth, but goddamn, $60 + $30 season pass is ridiculous for a game that - by all accounts - is only about 10 hours long. Also, first day DLC pisses me off.

And lets be honest, the writing on South Park has sucked more and more every year to the point that it's barley watchable anymore.

Where's My Fortune Cookie by Phil Proctor of The Firesign Theatre sounds like a definite win. He actually showed me a proof of it when we met a few months back. It's sort of his autobiography, and filled with Firesign anecdotes. But on top of that, I have another nice little present planned for myself. 

Let's put it this way. If you enjoyed Debris of Shadows Book I: The Lies of the Sage and wanted to reread it so that it would be fresh in your mind before you read Book II... then this is the time.

TTFN
-Tony

No comments: